Download the complete Shepherd Daily Devotional – Jan 2022
All scripture quotations are from the Holy Bible, New International Version.
KEY VERSE: Proverbs 4:25
Written By Ben Dankaka
When Peter told the brethren how the Lord had saved him from death, He said to them, “Tell James and the brothers about this,” and then he left for another place. The scriptures didn’t tell us where he headed to, but we know that Peter moved to another place. In other words, Peter didn’t hold on to his past. He moved on. Clearly, the main thing on Peter’s mind was how to further his work of spreading the gospel. So, he quickly moved out of the city, leaving his past behind.
One reason why many people fail to overcome the crises in their lives is because they often go through life feeling frustrated, even after they’ve been liberated. They fail to leave the past. Instead, they remain bitter after the adversity is long gone. To fully recover from a crisis, you would have to do what Peter did. Move on immediately! You can’t change the past, but you can work toward a better future. So, commit to focusing on what you can change, rather than what has already happened. Peter knew that the only thing he could control was his future. For that reason, he moved on.
Prayer: Holy Spirit, guide me as I move on from the past. Amen.
REFERENCES/FURTHER STUDY: Acts 12:11-17
Follow us on Facebook: Shepherd Daily Devotional
- Shepherd Daily Devotional - Doing God's Will
- Shepherd Daily Devotional - Where are you going?
- Shepherd Daily Devotional - Understanding God's Will - Part 2
- Shepherd Daily Devotional - After the Recognition
- Shepherd Daily Devotional - Understanding God's Will - Part 1
- Shepherd Daily Devotional - Be Perfect
- Goal Setting
- Children in Market Places
- Shepherd Daily Devotional - The Things of God - Part Two
- Unexpected Trouble