As you walk with God, some of your closest allies might mislead you.
When Sarah asked Abraham to have a child with her maidservant, she actually thought it would solve their problem. Sarah’s suggestion was a sincere plan, intended to help her and Abraham fulfill their dream (Genesis 16:2).
Apparently, Sarah couldn’t have had the kind of faith Abraham had because she wasn’t the one who held the vision. If God had showed Sarah the same thing, He showed Abraham she wouldn’t have doubted.
In your walk with God, you might encounter people who would play the same role as Sarah. They are often the closest to you. Because they have ties with you, whatever vision God lays on you will affect them. These people may not understand God’s plan for you. So, forgive them if they give the wrong advice.
Written by Ben Dankaka
- Shepherd Daily Devotional - Why People Perish
- The Things of God - Part 2
- Shepherd Daily Devotional - Stay there!
- Shepherd Daily Devotional - Fatherhood with God
- Shepherd Daily Devotional - Like that Child
- Shepherd Daily Devotional - Change Your Mind
- The Things of God - 1
- Shepherd Daily Devotional - Goal Setting
- Live on Purpose
- Shepherd Daily Devotional - Sharing the Vision